MN SCBWI Postcard Gallery Blog
One of the most effective marketing tools a children’s book illustrator can use is to send out postcards. It has the potential to be viewed by art directors and publishers. This year, the MN SCBWI will add a Postcard Gallery Page to our http://www.minnesota.scbwi.org page to encourage our illustrator members to focus on marketing initiatives. We are striving to have four posts to this gallery per year. The 2017 target date schedule will be January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Mark your calendars!
Do these 6 things to BE SEEN!
- JOIN SCBWI.org, this site is for members of Minnesota SCBWI.
- SCAN your printed postcard at 300 dpi RGB, JPG (original size)
- SAVE your file name “LastNamePostcard2digitmonth2digityear.jpg” (i.e. SchwabPostcard0117.jpg)
- EMAIL to Alicia Schwab, SCBWI-Minnesota Illustrator Coordinator, at email@example.com by the following schedule: (2017 schedule: January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15). Please include your website URL, if you’d like us to link to it.
- MAIL out your printed postcards to your mailing list. Your scan will be added to our regional postcard gallery blog. We will share this blog via our Twitter @scbwiminnesota and MN SCBWI Facebook pages MinnesotaSCBWI and the SCBWI-Minnesota Working Illustrator Network. The regional page will circle back and link to your website or blog.
- PROMOTE your postcard on social media outlets: (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to direct traffic to your postcard on the regional postcard gallery page. Tag your posts: #scbwiminnesota.